Commander and I enjoy Homeschooling boys (Herogian, Hawk and Gluten), raising chickens, ducks, and dogs ( Penny and Casey), eating gluten free, surviving breast cancer, coach track and field, and loving God for every minute that He gives us to cherish our family.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

I had a birthday

It happened. Another year has gone by. Another year of borrowed time, I sometimes feel. Another year of trying to get the boys ready for the real world out there on their own. Commander and I only have a few more years of molding the boys softly, after that it will take a big stick to make a dent. Another year of wondering if I'm doing what God wants me to be doing or am I doing it for myself. Another year trying to get better organized, declutter life, and accept the things I can't change. I have a smile on my face as I look back over this last year. I think it has been a good one, the spiritual growth slow and steady - that's always best. The Type A personality has relaxed a bit. I've taken a few of the irons out of the fire and actually set them down for later. Other things are more important right now, family relationships, boys education, spiritual life, and health.

I would have let this year pass on by without saying anything if it hadn't been for a couple of friends who sent me birthday wishes by FB, text and phone. Commander wanted to know what they said. So knowing he was too wrapped up in the day events (taking Gluten to camp) to remember my birthday...ugh... I told him to look at the calendar. I don't know a way to say "Honey, today is my birthday!" without making him feel bad. So I told him thank you for the Ipod, and the backback  that I was using on our weekend trip (both of which I bought last month or two). And dadgumit, I got a year older.

1 comment:

Oklahoma Granny said...

A belated Happy Birthday!