Commander and I enjoy Homeschooling boys (Herogian, Hawk and Gluten), raising chickens, ducks, and dogs ( Penny and Casey), eating gluten free, surviving breast cancer, coach track and field, and loving God for every minute that He gives us to cherish our family.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Crocheting new rug

Here is the new rug I'm working on for a friend. I'm using all Jersey knit material that I was able to purchase for $1.50 a yard. Awesome. The colors are: teal, aqua blue, violet, pink, light mint, and yellow. I actually like the colors so much that I'm going to use the rest of the material for a rug for my bathroom.
"But wait," you say, "you already did a rug for your bathroom."

"Yeah, isn't that great.'"
 I can pull it apart and use that material on the hoola hoop rug. I want to make it navy blue and red for Commander's Arizona Wildcat colors.
I know. Hawk shook his head too.
The instructions at the hoola hoop rug described a different way for attaching the strip ends together. It is awsome! 

For example;  to attach a blue strip to a red strip. Lay two inches of the blue strip end on top of the red strip end overlapping by two inches. Fold  this two inch overlap in half and cut a small notch. Open the notch with your fingers, keeping the two materials lined up, grab the other end of the blue strip, push that end up from the bottom and through the notch, then pull the blue strip all the way through. The two strips of material will hold together as if you've done a "Pinky swear" . It is the easiest method I've tried so far and the easiest to crochet into the rug.

No comments: