Commander and I enjoy Homeschooling boys (Herogian, Hawk and Gluten), raising chickens, ducks, and dogs ( Penny and Casey), eating gluten free, surviving breast cancer, coach track and field, and loving God for every minute that He gives us to cherish our family.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

the height issue

T13 - Hawk - from now on - he names everything new HAWK ..... anyway, he told Commander yesterday," you're only taller than Mom when you wear combat boots and Mom is barefoot .... standing in a ditch."  

How well do you think that went over? Hawk had to run for his life, Commander was after his ribs for that one.

Then comes today. T11 and his buddy Cam are having a sleepover/sleepin all morning, in the game room. The room has no windows so it is dark in there. Commander steps into the room to go to the pantry and flips on the lights. He put away some groceries then stepped back out, stepped back in, flipped the light on again to see if either of the boys would wake. They didn't.

At noon when they were having breakfast, Cam asked, "who came into the room at 7:00 and turned the light on?" Commander laughed and let him know that it was 9:00 when he came into the room.
 "So who came in at 7:00 and went into your pantry?"
"That was me at 9:00."
"That was you? You really look a lot taller when I'm sleeping on the floor. I thought it was Mrs. Jane."

How well do you think that went over?
Commander told the three boys at the table that they would all marry women taller than them. I'm not sure if it was meant as a curse, or a blessing. I'll take it to mean a blessing. He has me, doesn't he?
This afternoon I was leaving to pick up Herogian at the Dog Hunting Trials on post (in the blowing snow) when I asked Commander to give me a kiss goodbye. He came to the door, stepped up onto the entry step and told me to stand in the ditch.

3 comments:

Oklahoma Granny said...

I am not tall. I am 5'4". My father-in-law was even shorter than I am. I have a photo of us together and he's standing on a rock just to be a tiny bit taller than me. He was short but he had a huge personality.

I will certainly keep you and your situation in my prayers.

Julie... said...

Regarding the height issue, at five foot three inches, I can't relate.
Regarding the neighbors, get a pitbull on a chain between your house and theirs...KIDDING!
You're right, this situation calls for prayer. Also, I would stay away from them, give them absolutely no ammunition, and finally I would do my best not to talk about them to casual aquaintences (sp?). Those that know you...and them, will know the full story.
I'm praying the situation is resolved soon, Julie

Unknown said...

I still think you should remind the boys how to block.

Julie makes a good point about not giving the wicked witch to the west any ammunition. You should listen to her.