Commander and I enjoy Homeschooling boys (Herogian, Hawk and Gluten), raising chickens, ducks, and dogs ( Penny and Casey), eating gluten free, surviving breast cancer, coach track and field, and loving God for every minute that He gives us to cherish our family.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Just saying.....life can be interesting

Question:    "Gluten.....How long has the water been left on in the chicken coop?"
Answer:   Long enough to start a river.

Gluten told the scout master's secretary that she could put his cell phone number down as a second number to call.
She asked him, "But what if it is you that is hurt? Your phone would ring and we would tell you, Gluten is hurt."
He looked her straight in the eye and said, "I'd answer with, I know, it hurts bad."

QUestion: "Gluten.... what are your clothes still doing on the floor?"
Answer:  "They haven't woke up yet."

Asked Gluten the other night to bring in the Swirly ice cream from the deep freeze for his poor ole' mom who had her knee wrapped in ice. Oh whoa is me.
He looked at me and told me I was closer to the garage. Then immediately dropped his shoulders and scooted out the kitchen to go get the ice cream. But the bugger, he set it down right inside the living room door. "I brought it in for you. That's all you asked, just bring it in." He gave me one of those " I know I'm in trouble grins" then ran downstairs to see what Commander was hollering about - Olympics were on. Gluten had a hard time finding his ice cream when he came back up stairs.  I was sitting on the couch with my knee still wrapped and propped up with a  nice bowl of ice cream balanced on my stomach his bowl of chocolate looked so inviting. Hmmm. So, you really think your going to get dessert? He is so much fun to tease with, he knows how to dish it out and take it. Usually.

Punched in voicemail yesterday. "BURRRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPPPpp, oh sorry, Mom, I didn't hear the beep. ( I wonder why) Now, why did I call you?"  that was Hawk.

I've got the evening to myself. Fundraiser to work on, plus, a 600 + page book to read. Think I'll disappear into the book. Later.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

ahhhh, boys!!! TL does that stuff to me too!!

What book ya reading?

have a great week, keep that leg iced up!!