Commander and I enjoy Homeschooling boys (Herogian, Hawk and Gluten), raising chickens, ducks, and dogs ( Penny and Casey), eating gluten free, surviving breast cancer, coach track and field, and loving God for every minute that He gives us to cherish our family.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Random

We are packing for a camping trip for Commander and the boys, and then also packing a bag for Herogian to go to Bear River Ranch for a week of Jr. Vet camp/science camp. Along with all the packing, I have a yard sale this Saturday. I'm trying to go through every room in the house and get rid of the stuff that hasn't been used in a year, tag it all, store it in the shed before setting it all out Friday.

Saturday, the Commander asked if I wanted to go on a bike ride with him. I was nervous about saying yes. In 2008-09 I went over the handlebars when the front tire blew. I haven't ridden since that time. We went east and south of where we live, into the countryside that hasn't been swallowed up by suburbs. Don't believe them when people tell you Kansas is flat. Jogging or biking proves that wrong, wrong, wrong. We were at the farthest distance from home 4 miles, feeling like it was 30 when Commander asked if I was ready to head back. Let me suck in some air for a few minute before I try to answer. The fun part was remembering back to our first weekend together in Tucson. Commander took me on a bike ride then too. Out into the foothills - East Saguaro Park. I was a trained athlete at that time, trained to take 10 steps and jump. He about killed me that time, too. Back to Saturday, the last leg home was the most exciting - a large yellow dog decided he could run as fast as we could bike. Thank God it was flat and then sloped down before it went uphill. The dog finally tired of nipping at our heels. If he had stayed with us for another minute, he would have had ankles for dinner. It was a good hurt. The kind that tells you, you are dropping water weight and gaining muscle tightness. Doesn't that just make you want to jump right on a bike and come over for a ride?

I've had a chance to write on my story again. I'm loving the time - usually 11pm - 1 am if I'm not closing at the store and going to the gym afterwards. I hope to get a lot done on it this weekend after the yard sale.

Prayers for Joplin, MO. Our neighbor has a lot of family down that way.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Eat, Fart and Bark" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/05/sites-to-see_27.html